As most of my Facebook friends have seen on my wall in the past couple of weeks, I have set a goal for myself to use a new meal each night for two weeks. Today, I decided to expand that. I’m going to try this for the next SIX MONTHS! My goal in this is to build up our recipe repertoire. I absolutely HATE trying to sit down and plan out meals each pay period. I always feel like I’m cooking the same ol’ same each time.
I’ve decided to get proactive. I’m going to do some research and get some new ideas. Hopefully, this will help someone else and make their lives easier!
So here is my personal set of rules:
- One post a day from now until April 27th
- I am not depriving myself of take-out, occasionally, but this is limited to once every two weeks
- Church Nights are eat out nights (so this means I probably won’t post Sunday Nights, and occasionally Wednesday nights)
- One tried and true “family recipe” per week, but no repeats! (My poor husband is going to die without tacos! Poor baby!)
- One dessert per week
- These are not all going to be my creations, but I will credit whoever created them by linking to their original site
So, by my calculations, this should equal around 150 different recipes by April.
To get an idea of how my menus may fit in with your schedule, here’s a little info about how MY schedule usually works. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are usually my crockpot/easy/something my sweet husband can help me prepare day. Those are the days I currently am not able to be at home all day, but my hubby usually is. Tuesdays and Thursdays, I get a little more adventerous, since I have more time. 🙂
I hope you’re ready for this…I’m excited about it now, but let’s see how I feel after this month.
Here we go!